IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Spiritualism > Understanding Islam
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Zakir Naik and the cheapening of Islam

APRIL 22 ― There is a video of Zakir Naik smugly telling the host of a chat show that non-Muslims are not allowed to preach in an Islamic state. Why?
Well, we Muslims already have the truth so why should we allow others to preach falsehoods in our lands? Never mind the fact that Muslims are freely living, worshipping and preaching in the West.

Zakir’s supporters won’t think about that. That is how their minds work. A privileged, supremacist outlook which can only be termed as the chosen people syndrome.

And if you are offended by Zakir, he adds, you can just “sue the Quran.” Despite the fact his style goes completely against the Quran, he feels he is God’s elect.

Zakir Naik fits perfectly into this mindset. He thrives in an environment where both the organizers and audience are firmly on his side.

His work is no different than that of the American televangelical preachers who thrive on bringing in fake ex-Muslims like Ergun Caner (look him up on YouTube, he has been exposed for his fake history spun to win points with the Islamophobic crowd. In reality Caner cannot even pronounce the Sunni shahada correctly!).

Like that, Naik’s followers have little concern for the truth. To them, it is the show which matters and their faiths get cheapened in the process.

During Zakir Naik’s concert (and I use the word intentionally), there were apparently four conversions. I say “apparently” because Naik’s colleague, Yusuf Estes, was exposed for faking converts in Germany using the “recycled converts manoeuvre.”

Estes gave some flatulent excuses but let's face it, his audience loved the notion of a thousand converts in one show. That is what it’s really about in this cheapened version of Islam ― the numbers. Always the numbers.

Has anyone thought of the consequences of Zakir Naik’s show? Let's take the most celebrated conversion of that evening ― that of Woo Nina Grace, aged 19.

Ms Woo, who is of Filipino and Chinese parentage, has been reportedly studying Islam since the age of 13. I salute her, not because she chose to convert to Islam particularly, but because she has such a clear resolution at such an early age.

Here’s the question though: did she need a public conversion at the hands of this Islamofascist to ratify her faith?

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/op....hFvnsVJ4.dpuf
Sponsored Links