IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Spiritualism > Understanding Islam
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25-10-2002, 11:06 AM
Banana

JMM is off the scale
A Malaysian deputy of a militant cell implicated in the Bali bombing? Fifth Jemaah Islamiah operative detained under the ISA, bringing to 72 the total detained since November? Before the dust has settled in Bali, 10 died and more than 100 wounded in separate bombings in the Philippines city of Zamboanga and Manila?

These news headlines give a glimpse of the growing problem of religious terrorism and militancy in Southeast Asia.

The developments have dire consequences for Malaysia’s economic and tourist prospects, especially since it has been included in the blacklist of the United States Immigration and Naturalisation Service.

Even locals are avoiding places in the capital frequented by westerners such as the Beach Club area in Jalan P Ramlee, Kuala Lumpur. Sentiments of gloom are reflected in the KLSE slide with adverse effect on efforts by distressed corporations to restructure their debts.

The indications are that these trends will continue in this region, aggravated by outside factors beyond the region’s government control.

One of these factors is the Bush administration’s misguided stance that has aggravated this problem of extremism and terrorism.

While the US has some legitimacy to attack the al-Qaeda network and its Taliban patron based on self-defence in the wake of the Sept 11 attacks, the Bush administration appears to have lost its focus when it together with Tony Blair’s government elected to launch an unilateralist campaign to topple Saddam Hussein ostensibly on grounds of ‘terrorism’, but possibly on geopolitical strategic oil and imperialist considerations.

All the talk on war does little to help the world's economy or equity markets.

The situation is confusing because ‘terrorism’ now includes everything from Islamic militancy that motivated the Sept 11 attacks to amassing of biological and chemical weapons by Saddam Hussein that has nothing to do with al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden, whatever the official spin.

Bush policies have created a negative impact as militant Muslims worldwide have interpreted them to be an attack by the US and the West against Islam. This probably led to the indiscriminate bombing of westerners (mainly Australians) in Bali.

In turn, this will lead neo-conservative rightist public opinion leaders in the West like Reverend Jerry Falwell and Franklin Graham to link Islam with violence. (See Bali attacks push moderate Muslims to speak up by Marwaan Macan-Markar)

More Westerners may be influenced to think in time to come, in the drift of what Marwaan said, that increasingly those who are extremist among the Muslim faith who could not cope up with modernity and western secular values will, as a defence mechanism, try to pre-emptively strike at random at anything western and destroy the Western secular civilisation so as to build an Islamic civilisation on its ruins.

This will lead to an unending cycle of mutual suspicion and conflict taking shape as Samuel Huntington wrote in the Clash of Civilization.

These trends do not portend well for us in this region with its predominantly Muslim population if bombings like those in Bali recur.

Besides adverse economic consequences, the repercussions on political power equations like that between parties like Pas and Umno have yet to be fully understood.

I do agree with Marwaan that now, more than ever, moderate Muslims should speak up against extremism.

Extremism is not confined to random acts of violence against innocents — this is obvious enough — but the attitudes and values behind implementation of hudud, sex segregation in supermarkets, guided tours, etc. taking shape in Pas-controlled states.

By FJ Wang
in Malaysiakini.com 23 October 2002
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Banana

saraCen is off the scale
i'm a muslim. i do wanna help this country.anyway i want to talk simple here. Muslim...from past untill now is enemy of the west.Crusades never end.Islam is envy for the western power and their fear too. so there also the war on propaganda about islam so people hates islam. and true people think islam bad. islam kill people, islam tyrant and islam is cruel.
want to ask you all, did you know....

who invades and takes arab land in palestine? did you know jews invades and take over the arab land now so called israel.

did you know who kill 200,000 muslim Bosnia in 1992 to 1995. and 100000 muslim chechen and raped most of their women.
how many thousand Iraqi had died by US?
did you know iraq didnt have capabilities to have nuke and bio.why attack iraq because of that but other nation like korea have even nuke weapon but they didn't attack. israel also got nuke, chemical and bio weapon but why people didnt said they bad.

why people didnt hate the nation who do the real bad like Israel kill thounsands palestinian young and old.

that was example..........of what double standard west policies against Islam. didnt respect to this 2nd largest followers i the world.i even suspect that was not Al Qaeda capabilities to doing such operation in 9/11. the proof is so fake and the fact not even a jews die there.(it is known that many jews work in WTC as their race is among the top aristocrates in US).how could they know about this atack earlier?
the conspiracy behind those attack is there u know and also from some stupidity of some extremist group make the world think Islam this is all about.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:00 PM
Pineapple

sky is off the scale
Angry

erm.. tis is something new....
but many things is not in our controlll as many other fear of other...

i do not agree in war... and like to contribute the invasion in iraq but if going jihad or join force against US is not a smart thiking...

so far many ppl just think of if the thing is not happen to themthen they wont bother much at all...
and bla bla bla... sometimes i think i ahve talk out of the tajuk but tis is what in my mind...

sky..
Old 06-08-2003, 12:30 AM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

Dear saraCen,

I can understand your anger & frustration on the conflicts in the Middle East.

Violence will not bring peace & stability to the area. Today the suicide bomber goes into Israel and ignites the bomb killing himself and the innocent Israelis, the next moment the Israel tankers & helicopters enter the Palestine territory & open fire, causing the death of innocent Palestinians. Surely this will make the Palestinians more angry & more suicide bombers are sent into Israel territory. Do you think the violence & the bloodshed will end? Definitely no. The only solution is both sides have to stop the killing. Promote love & forgiveness & stop the feeling of anger & hatred towards each other. Otherwise, the greatest losers would be the suicide bombers, the innocent Palestinians & the Israelis. The sole winner is the Israel government. All conflicts can be solved by peaceful means. Love is the most powerful force in the universe. We are here on this planet to learn how to Love & Forgive. We are human & not animals. Anger & hatred will make our mind & soul wide open to the evil forces. When they seise our mind & soul, we become violence because Satan likes blood & destructions.

Those promote violence, they are the followers of Satan. Some of them hijack Islam to kill innocent people & they call it "Jihad". The 911 attack on WTC has terrified the world not because of the large number of innocent people died but because the attack was carried out in the name of "Religion". There were other incidents that causing much more people dead, for e.g. the Nanking massacre by the Japanese army, the atomic bombing of Nagasaki & Hiroshima but none of them are as shocking as the 911 attack. Religions are supposed to teach us Love, caring & compassionate. How could "Religion" being used as an excuse to kill innocent people in this civilised world?

What is "Jihad"? Is "Jihad" mean the killing of enemy including innocent people? I don't think so. Moderate Muslims should speak out loud & clear & stop Islam from being hijacked again.

[ 07.08.2003, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: ipohan ]
Old 06-08-2003, 03:19 PM
I'm not a senior
Rambutan

CKH is an unknown quantity at this point
I just read an article about JIHAD. The url is: http://www.unn.ac.uk/societies/islam...gon/jihad1.htm

Worth to read. Here are some extracts from the article:

"The word Jihad means striving. In its primary sense it is an inner thing, within self, to rid it from debased actions or inclinations, and exercise constancy and perseverance in achieving a higher moral standard..."

"The means to fulfil it are varied, and in our modern world encompass all legal, diplomatic, arbitrative, economic, and political instruments. But Islam does not exclude the use of force to curb evil, if there is no other workable alternative..."

"The key is a change of heart. Just as there is a constructive role for forgiveness in interpersonal relations, so might this be possible in international relations provided justice, and not force, is the final arbiter..."

"Muslim, Christian, Jew as well as others, had their lapses in honestly following the valued ideals of their religions or philosophies. We all made mistakes, and we still do..."

"This is no reflection on religion, but it shows how desperately humanity is in need of better education, more enduring concern for human dignity, rights and freedom, and vigilant pursuit of justice, even at the price of curbing political and economic greed."

I think the last paragraph precisely states how we should stop and eliminate terrorism. It's all about education. We all need completed mental and intellectual education in order to make this world better.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Duku Langsat

@ B3nG is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to @ B3nG Send a message via Yahoo to @ B3nG
but why can't we all sit together as one since we're "human beings" in the first place? Even though we have different perspecs for religious matter, as long as we are humans we should be treated equally?

For me I think the religious problems are mainly caused by the greed of mankind and not the difference from the religious aspect...
This is because it is believed that humans are born greed.Without their strength to control their desires of greed, how they name themselve A RELIGIOUS PERSON? They used phrase like "jesus christ" and "in the name of holy-bible" or whatever phrase they used (sorry for offenses but just an example i hope u understand) is just using the name of god to do "god's work". Is this what we're "supposed" to do as a human being? I dont think so....

In the other hand.. the "bullied" can't just sit still while the "bullier" in causing troubles....
If we try to think who's the one who start the religious war/arguments..... We can't blame anyone but to blame the greediness of mankind themselve...

each of them tries to control the other because of their greed of power, even worst as i spoken before, they even used the name of god to do the "defiled" actions such as humiliations (which is the WORST of all things can be imagine) and social discriminations.....

We humans are killing each other just for the greed of power, wealth and glory....

Is this worth it? Do the greed of Ones really that strong that it could overcome Ones faith?

We might have fatal diseases, natural disasters, do these really that harmful as the greed of mankind?

I dont think so... It's just human themselves are too greed and their blaming others' believe(religion) for it..... Shame on these humans

ANYWAY....JUST TO VOICE MY POINT OF VIEW, NO OFFENSE, SORRY IF I IRRITATED SOMEONE....
Old 07-08-2003, 03:12 PM
I'm not a senior
Rambutan

You are right. Laden, Blair and Bushie should have read this and think of it. They all been controlled by their own greed...
Old 11-08-2003, 12:20 AM
Pineapple

sky is off the scale
Angry

human is the most weak and greedy being in middle earth.
said by ELF..

so that is the truth....

sky.. LOTR
Old 11-08-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm not a senior
Rambutan

Quote:
Originally posted by sky:
human is the most weak and greedy being in middle earth.
said by ELF..

so that is the truth....

sky.. LOTR
May I know who is ELF?
Old 17-08-2003, 02:43 AM
Duku Langsat

@ B3nG is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to @ B3nG Send a message via Yahoo to @ B3nG
ELF..... a fictional humans... said to be charming humans, sharp ears, better surrounding alertness, born with high perspective (especially archeries), around 7ft tall for average... have good tones (singing is their born-talents)
This is what i read of in most of the fiction books....

the ELF sky is talking about is the elves in the lord of the ring story....hehehe refer to the movie if u wanna know more~~~

LOTR fans....
hehehe