IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Ipoh Food Court > Indian Cuisine
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Durian - The King

rockhard is on a distinguished road
Default Best Murtabak In Ipoh?

There used to be this restaurant behind some railway tracks in Silibin. Their murtabak was simply yummy. Is it still there? If I'm not mistaken, it was called Good View.
Sponsored Links
Old 14-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Banana

wachriswa is on a distinguished road

Wow! Murtabak was my part of my favourite. Use to at Rahman many many years ago but not now..
But now my favourite roti canai/mamak store is Salim.
Old 14-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Don't Eat
Durian - The King

HOPI girl is on a distinguished road

Talking about roti canai, I observed that nowadays many mamak stores like to prepare & cook it first. When you order, they just re-heat a bit and serve it to you. Totally no umpphhh...and a big no-no to me. If they can't cook it freshly for me, then I'll just order tosai.

Old 14-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Honeydew

UncleSam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhard
There used to be this restaurant behind some railway tracks in Silibin. Their murtabak was simply yummy. Is it still there? If I'm not mistaken, it was called Good View.

Silibin has rail way track? Are you referring the one opp the container terminal? If yes, it is still there but not sure if its still the same hand. I just re-visited recently and noticed there are more flies than patrons. Been there when I was a kid and have pretty fond memory of it, still can recall the song "One Way Ticket" played from those coin operated machine during one visit.

The best roti chanai I still hoping to eat again was at opp of main bus station that was demolised long ago. Used to take breakfast there during secondary schooling time together with ACS ponteng kakis. hhahaha

Last edited by UncleSam : 14-02-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 14-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Durian - The King

OK, ok...it's been a long time since I was there..not even sure now if that was Silibin! Hehehe. This is how you would get there. Right after the Ipoh Library, heading towards Jalan Kuala Kangsar, turn into the first road on your left. On your left is the St.John's Church. Proceed along the road…I think you’ll pass a small bridge..continue your way down. After like 3 minutes, this murtabak/Indian curry stall is on your left. My question is, is it still there?
Old 15-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhard
OK, ok...it's been a long time since I was there..not even sure now if that was Silibin! Hehehe. This is how you would get there. Right after the Ipoh Library, heading towards Jalan Kuala Kangsar, turn into the first road on your left. On your left is the St.John's Church. Proceed along the road…I think you’ll pass a small bridge..continue your way down. After like 3 minutes, this murtabak/Indian curry stall is on your left. My question is, is it still there?

It is the left turn right after Tun Razak Library, passing Lembaga Air before heading to a pretty new overhead bridge cutting across Container Terminal. At the junction, turn right and the shop is at your left. I think we are referring the same shop but I did not noticed its name.
Old 15-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Durian - The King

kris is an unknown quantity at this point

US and RH are talking abt the same place, which used to be popular for its curry rice. It's abt midway along Jalan St John which connects J Panglima Bukit Gantang Wahab(yes, stupid name which used to be Douglas Rd) with J Tun Abdul Razak(Maxwell Rd), near the inland port.
Silibin is on the other side of Maxwell Rd. I remember Michaelians who took buses from the north used to get off at Maxwell Rd and walk this route to go to school.
You have lost touch with Ipoh, RH!
Old 15-02-2007, 12:41 AM
The Kung Fu Tupai
Durian - The King

Chinerama is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know about the murtabak but everyone that has eaten curry rice there complained about the price.....
Old 15-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinerama
Don't know about the murtabak but everyone that has eaten curry rice there complained about the price.....

You would complain about its flies there now
Old 15-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Durian - The King

whoaaa...things are certainly not the same any more. sad. my dad would take us there like once a month. their murtabak was yummy, as i recall it.
Sponsored Links