IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Performing Arts > Cinematography
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Strawberry

Babyripp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Babyripp Send a message via Yahoo to Babyripp
I hardly see ppl selling dvds by the road la nowadays.. are they still widely available? Can u still get them from the shops?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Durian - The King

Location: middle of tropics, south of nort pole, north of south pole
K-Fanz is off the scale
behold, the son of adam and daughter of eve,
its time for king peter and clan, with aslan the mighty and mr tumnus, errr- half man and half goat!

last night went to opening of Narnia with my kids.

its sure a wholesome family entertainment!
Old 09-12-2005, 10:33 AM
The Legend aka Racist Mod
Durian - The King

RawFlesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Man, I gotta watch Narnia & King Kong.....

WHY so SERIOUS?
Old 09-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Durian - The King

K-Fanz is off the scale
yup, next in my list, King Kong.
the director mnage to make a film look like what it was shoot in 1930's.
sure good CGI!
Old 09-12-2005, 10:57 AM
The Legend aka Racist Mod
Durian - The King

RawFlesh is an unknown quantity at this point
CGI? [img]redface.gif[/img]

I might be biased, but i love peter jackson's movies. Biased coz my sis is also cutting her movie director teeth in NZ

Is future advertising allowed? Hehehehe.... Putting some pressure on her(if she's reading here) - she'll be making movies in the future.... go watch, for those that likes things that are weird.... she's a hardcore David Lynch fan.... who's David L? I think the did Twin Peaks among others.... Mulholland Dr., Dune, etc.... Can search it in Google...

I will make no money from this promotion, but she's my sis.... gotta love her Funnything, i still havent watched any of her productions.....

WHY so SERIOUS?
Old 09-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Durian - The King

K-Fanz is off the scale
make me wonder, NZ did produce good movie director. narnia director also come from NZ. he 'produce' 2 kids when directing the film(6 year!).
Old 10-12-2005, 04:47 AM
Not Quite The Lady
Guava

the_ethereal_siren is off the scale
Hahaha! Yes, RAW...what would u like 4 xmas for that fabulous promotion u r doing on me? heheheee!! But yess...i'll b brigning back some of my stuff 2 let u c...

But yeah people, make sure u watch King Kong!!! And yes Narnia was directed by Andrew Adamson, a kiwi, who also did Shrek 1 & 2. And it was shot in NZ, besides other countries.

Other kiwi directed movies 2 watch out 4 that hopefully will go 2 Malaysian shores soon are The World's Fastest Indian, which stars the ever so talented Sir Anthony Hopkins & directed by Kiwi Roger Donaldson, North Country, which is graced by Charlize Theron & directed by Niki Caro (who did Whale Rider....did that ever play in Malaysia??), vampire flick Perfect Creatures directed by Glenn Standring & played at Cannes this year & of course, one day my own debut feature....not saying anything about it yet Let's just say i will be the next Queen(tin) Tarantino... [img]graemlins/roflmao.gif[/img] Well...no harm dreaming anyways!!!

Anyhoo, i agree with babyripp...LOADS of films nowadays are just commercial recycled shit, mostly from factory-like productions in Hollywood & shat out faster then u can say Jerry Bruckheimer!! Movies where the profit & big bucks are seen as the no. 1 priority over great storytelling & themes. And hence, we have the same storylines within same genres...no intelligence required....but hey yeah, i know some people love movies 4 the fact that they can sit down in another world & just be entertained & escape from thinking about life etc & i respect that. But i also think we need more quality films that break the norms & conventions & that challenges the commercial & conforming viewpoints. Sometimes i think we must massage our brains a wee bit & i know movies can do that really well. Ahhh...i could go on & on about this...ask Raw about my torturous emails about movies...heheheeeeeee

Fellow ladies & gentlemen...dont just watch the usual million-dollar budget Hollywood flicks [img]graemlins/mgun.gif[/img] ...expand your horizon into world cinemas & indie films [img]graemlins/icon_evil.gif[/img] !!! Yes it may seem confusing or boggling or even slow at 1st but that's because u may be used 2 having films that serve everything on a platter for you, right down to the little mint leaf that sits in the middle as decoration. But trust me, its worth it...

Which brings me to a question...how is the world/international & indie cinema scene in Malaysia? Last time i was back i remember they had some screenings in Mid Valley but was really obscure, in terms of informing the public about it.

[ 10.12.2005, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: the_ethereal_siren ]
Old 10-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Guava

One_World is off the scale
The street scene of New York was shot in Wellington ( for kris, Seaview industrial site in Lower Hutt to be precise). A mini New York was recreated by Peter here.

A couple of friends were extras in King Kong.
The movie is not on yet but the policeman and the native african woman are casual friends who were extra in the movie.

The ermm "policeman" extra told me that those steam coming out of the New York street scene were actual hot hot steam. It was during summer here when they shot the scene. It was hot and everyone was sweating a lots lol.

I will be watching it when it comes out.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Banana

asher is off the scale
Caught "Chronicles of Narnia" today.The crowd was already huge in the afternoon !
Did it live up to expectations? Yes!! Although not a perfect score -it could soar further for certain scenes but overall, beautiful and mesmerising . Sort of reminds me a bit of "The Famous 5"(any ex-Enid Blyton fans?) meets "LOTR". The latest H. Potter movie pales in comparison...yes, "Narnia" is indeed memorable .

Did anyone watched "Zathura" ? Alas, missed it..
Old 11-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Pineapple

tomling is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to tomling Send a message via MSN to tomling Send a message via Skype to tomling
Haven't watch much movies in cinemas then or cineplex now since they ban smoking in these place. My pasar malam friend supplies with all d movies I want 2 watch cheaply wihen I am in bolehland. Over here can't find any pirate stuff. Can't remember when I really watch a movie.
Sponsored Links