IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > World Events > Travel
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Travel Discussions about Travels around the World

Old 11-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Malaysia a big hit with Japanese retirees

By Laura Lee

KUALA LUMPUR: For Japanese who plan to spend their “golden years” or retirement overseas, Malaysia has emerged as their most popular country for long-haul stay for the last eight years.

According to the Japan Long-Stay Foundation Survey 2014, Malaysia has overtaken Thailand, Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singa*pore, the US, Canada and Indonesia in descending order last year.

Tropical Lifestyle (MM2H) Sdn Bhd managing director Shatoro Ishihara tells FocusM that Australia and Hawaii used to be top favourites in the earlier years.

Malaysia remains the best country for long stay and investment as its cost of living is considered to be still quite cheap for the Japanese who wish to relocate here.

As one of the top 10 agents for the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) programme, he says his company does not just focus on the Japanese market but also handles the Chinese, European and Middle Eastern markets as well.

A number of them have retirees who have diversified their assets into Malaysia and made the country their investment destination while others have sought to look for a new lifestyle here.

Foreigners, especially from cold countries, find Malaysia’s warm weather throughout the year, which is often taken for granted by its citizens, appealing. They tend to make the country their second home during the winter months, Ishihara quips.

“The medical standard here is good,” adding that the country has some good hospitals with English and Japanese-speaking staff.

Security-wise, he says Malaysia is better when compared to the Philippines and Indonesia. The foreigners like it here as English is widely spoken besides being able to experience multi-cultures and a variety of tasty Malaysian cuisines.

“Unlike Japan, we are the extreme opposite. We are a homogeneous society versus the multi-racial society found in Malaysia.”

He says there is a strong presence of the Japanese community here. Besides the existence of a Japan Club, there is a proliferation of Daiso and Aeon outlets as well as Japanese restaurants nationwide.

- See more at: http://www.theantdaily.com/Main/Mala....ybmwmzVZ.dpuf
Sponsored Links