IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > IT - Information Technology > Software
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Q & A on IT Applications!

Old 23-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Durian - The King

forum_admin has disabled reputation
Lightbulb Windows 10 to get two-factor authentication built-in

Microsoft is continuing its crusade to get CIOs interested in Windows 10, touting new security features that include two-factor authentication built directly into the OS.

The effort to bake two-factor authentication into Windows 10 is intended at doing away with the old single-password method that has proven so insecure in recent years and has led to so many instances of system break-ins and data theft, according to Microsoft. With two-factor authentication, malicious hackers need to be in control of two pieces of information in order to break into a system, such as a password and a code sent to a user’s device like a smartphone.

Overall, Windows 10 will offer businesses enhanced security in areas like identity protection and access control, information protection and threat resistance, since security “has been central to many of the customer conversations I’ve had since we announced the availability of the [Windows 10] Technical Preview,” wrote Jim Alkove in the blog post, referring to the pre-release version of Windows 10 that is publicly available for testing.

More