IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > IT - Information Technology > Computer Games
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Computer Games Are you a PC gamer? Share your experience here if you are one.

Old 30-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Duku Langsat

@ B3nG is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to @ B3nG Send a message via Yahoo to @ B3nG

yesssss!!!
I'm gonna skip buying PSP, Aim for XBOX XBOX
Old 06-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Uncle show you goldfish..
Mangosteen - The Queen

seantang is on a distinguished road

Just took the plunge yesterday and bought meself a Satin Silver PS3 40GB.

Popped S$599 for the console and S$59 for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

I do like the wireless controller (finally no wires snaking across the floor). But the PS3 is a power guzzler... 280W if I'm not mistaken.

Will pick up Grand Theft Auto 4 soon as well, but need to confirm some practical details as people have experienced issues playing the European (Region 2) PAL game using Singapore machines (NTSC/J but is also PAL capable) on std definition TVs (most TVs are dual colour system NTSC & PAL). I need to find out if it's a matter of changing the colour system on your TV and/or PS3 or if it's totally unrectifiable.
Old 26-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Banned
Banana

curryalib is on a distinguished road

if u like party game and arcade game pick wii, if u in to nice graphic and sound pick ps3
Old 29-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Banned

belrion88 is on a distinguished road
Default cheapest wow gold

deleted..................................

Last edited by Uncle-Cle : 29-08-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:20 PM

Tayla Green is on a distinguished road

umm, really hard, if u like playing games w/ two player and shooting eachother xbox, if u like world of war craft kind of stuff where ur playing single and killing monsters, i would say ps3
Old 04-09-2010, 04:50 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune

If you’ve owned any of the PlayStation consoles (the original PlayStation or PSX, the PS2, the PS3 and the PSP) then you’ve seen the button scheme that they’ve been using on their controllers. Instead of having A-B-C X-Y-Z like what Nintendo did with their controllers, Sony stuck with a colorful and much more recognizable scheme.

PlayStation designer Teiyu Goto explains why.

Just who is Teiyu Goto? Well he’s none other than the father of the PlayStation, the man behind the designs for the original PlayStation, the PlayStation 2 and the PlayStation 3!

So why shapes and colors? In an interview with Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu, it’s all about keeping things simple.

“That was…pretty tough,” he says. “Other game companies at the time assigned alphabet letters or colors to the buttons. We wanted something simple to remember, which is why we went with icons or symbols, and I came up with the triangle-circle-X-square combination immediately afterward. I gave each symbol a meaning and a color.”

“The triangle refers to viewpoint; I had it represent one’s head or direction and made it green. Square refers to a piece of paper; I had it represent menus or documents and made it pink. The circle and X represent ‘yes’ or ‘no’ decision-making and I made them red and blue respectively. People thought those colors were mixed up, and I had to reinforce to management that that’s what I wanted.”

Now before you raise your pitchforks and start screaming that the O and X is actually enter and cancel in OUR version of the consoles, it’s a Japanese thing. In Japan, a circle means yes, and an X means no. Culture differences called for a switch in their respective roles.
Old 14-10-2010, 07:49 PM

dorramide7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer
rh,
May be this comparison will help you decide. hehehe...

OT
OT..thanks for the Wii add...that's very interesting indeed. Now, I know why you're mostly busy at home.

What about the Xbox360? I saw a demo yesterday and am quite impressed by its graphics and large collection of games.
Sponsored Links