IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > P E T S . . . > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21-10-2011, 03:36 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune
Default Monkey business

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=183_1319065640
Sponsored Links
Old 23-10-2011, 10:11 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

Just a monkey story

Once a businessman went to a kampong and offered RM2 to everyone who caught a monkey and handed it over to him. Soon, he collected 100 monkeys. Now that there are fewer monkeys, he offered RM4 per monkey.

He again collected 20 monkeys. Now it got very difficult for anyone to catch any monkey. So, he offered them RM10 per monkey. Now he got 10 more monkeys.

In the end he collected 130 monkeys . He told the villagers that he would be in town to discuss with the animal exporter where to deliver his monkeys and asked them to search for more monkeys and he would buy them at Rm25 each and leaves his assistant to take care of the monkeys.

The assistant being a capitalist himself strikes a deal with the villagers that he would sell them the 130 monkeys at 20$ each and they can sell them back to the businessman at RM5 profit.

The villagers agree and pay him 130x20=RM2600

Soon, they realize that both the assistant and the businessman are no where to be seen.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:50 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

Old 10-11-2011, 02:33 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

New drug helps fat monkeys to slim down
http://www.thesundaily.my/news/204104

CHICAGO (Nov 9, 2011): An experimental drug that chokes off the blood supply to fat cells helped obese monkeys slim down, a sign that it may work in people, too, US researchers said on Wednesday.

The drug, known as Adipotide, takes a different approach from other weight loss medicines, which have generally tried to control appetite, alter the absorption of fat or increase metabolism in order to help people lose weight.

"Development of this compound for human use would provide a non-surgical way to actually reduce accumulated white fat," said Renata Pasqualini of University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, whose study appears in the journal Science Translational Medicine.

The drug works by seeking out and sticking to proteins on the surface of blood vessels that feed white fat cells the kind that gathers under the skin and around the middle.

Once attached, the drug releases a synthetic molecule that triggers a natural process of cell death that kills the fat cells.

The latest study involved 15 monkeys that became obese in much the same way humans do by overeating and getting too little exercise.

Ten monkeys were treated and five were the control group. At the end of the study, treated monkeys lost an average of 38.7% of their total body fat, compared to 14.8% for the control animals.

Treated monkeys also lost 27% of their abdominal fat.

Monkeys remained bright and alert throughout the study. The chief side effects were increased urine output and slight dehydration, both symptoms of mild kidney failure. But these were reversible and varied by dose.
Sponsored Links