IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > World Events > Politics
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Expect ‘unceasing violence’ if Pakatan loses elecBy Shannon Teoh May tions, says Dr M

By Shannon Teoh
May 25, 2012

Dr M wrote in a blog posting today, “If they are allowed to take power using their violent methods, then democracy will be extinguished and a horrible fate awaits this country.” — file pic

KUALA LUMPUR, May 25 — Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad warned today that violence from protestors at the April 28 Bersih rally is only the beginning of “unceasing violent demonstrations” should Pakatan Rakyat (PR) lose an election that must be held within the year. The former prime minister said in a blog posting that the opposition will continue with their protests until the results of the 13th General Election are rejected and a new government is formed.

“Then they will try to hold a new election which they will manipulate,” said Dr Mahathir, who is still influential in the ruling Barisan Nasional (BN).
The long-serving prime minister’s statement comes just days after Putrajaya launched legal action against Bersih and PKR leaders over the April 28 rally for free and fair elections which had spiralled into chaos as protestors and police clashed on the streets.

Bersih leaders were sued by the government for RM122,000 of repairs to 15 vehicles allegedly damaged during the rally for free and fair elections while opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and two party leaders were charged with taking part in an illegal street protest.

“The massive and violent Bersih protests were preparations to reject the GE13 results if the opposition fails to win it. Their loss will be followed by unceasing violent protests until the election results are rejected.

“If they are allowed to take power using their violent methods, then democracy will be extinguished and a horrible fate awaits this country,” wrote Dr Mahathir, who was PM for 22 years until his resignation in 2003.
Both Dr Mahathir and current prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak have accused the opposition of engineering a coup via the Bersih protest.

The April 28 rally that saw tens of thousands gather at six different locations before heading to Dataran Merdeka was peaceful until about 2.30pm when Bersih chief Datuk Ambiga Sreenevasan asked the crowd to disperse.

But the former Bar Council president’s announcement was not heard by most of the crowd who persisted to linger around the historic square which the court had already barred to the public over the weekend.

Just before 3pm, some protestors breached the barricade surrounding the landmark, leading police to disperse the crowd with tear gas and water cannons.

Police then continued to pursue rally-goers down several streets amid chaotic scenes which saw violence from both sides over the next four hours.

Several dozen demonstrators have claimed that they were assaulted by groups of over 10 policemen at a time and visual evidence appears to back their claim but police also point to violence from rally-goers who also attacked a police car.

The police car then crashed into a building before some protestors flipped it on its side.

Source: Malaysian Insider
Sponsored Links
Old 25-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Malaysians- beware and dont fall into the trap!

• Mahathir wrote in his Blog “The Bersih demonstrations … are a preparation to reject the results of the 13th general election should the opposition fail to win it.” and “Their defeat will be followed by violent demonstrations that will go on and on so that the election results are rejected and a new government is put in place, that is approved by the opposition,”
  • Among all the politicians, I rate Mahathir as the shrewdest among them all. One don’t get to stay as PM for 22 years and survives so many internal party conflicts to the extent of UMNO being deregistered if one does not have such talent. Therefore we must not take lightly of what Mahathir says. He is a master of political psychologist.
  • Over the last few weeks we are seeing a growing trend of violence which is a sign of desperation. UMNO has been using its various NGO’s to intimidate PR gathering. The mass media has been used to the fullest to paint a very negative picture of PR. UMNO in reality is getting very desperate. While Najib has been buying votes via BR1M, KR1M and Felda and trying very hard to win the peoples heart with various other incentives, its own party is working against him. Rumors have it a major meeting involving DPM and his people will take place on June 19th, 2012 in Manila. Najib will be facing his first internal challenge.
  • GE 13 results are expected to be close. UMNO is facing serious challenge. The problem is that they have not learned their lessons. They refuse to learn why the people reject them. My believe is that the current attack on PR gathering is with the intent to provoke them into retaliating and if the GE 13 results does not favor them they will create trouble nationwide and blame it on PR. I believe the media is ever ready with materials for such propaganda. The levelheaded people must stay vigilant. We must protect the interest of the winner and we must demonize the attackers. It is our duty to protect the victims when the time comes. If UMNO continue with their current approach, they will be punished at the next GE. I will be the first to cast my vote against them.
Source: Rights to Write Blog
Old 26-05-2012, 09:31 PM
...my eyes are watching!!
Durian - The King

hop hop is off the scale
Send a message via AIM to hop hop

I believe that they will provoke the opposition into violence and then use that as an excuse to evoke a State of Emergency. All elections are OFF!! Martial law rules!! All opposition leaders will be arrested and put into indefinite detention without trial (aka ISA). And all the BN leaders will live happily ever after.