IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Performing Arts > Cinematography
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18-12-2005, 06:52 AM
Not Quite The Lady
Guava

the_ethereal_siren is off the scale
Quote:
IPOHITE: What is soccer? We are talking about football. Sorry, that what Brits tell me when I mentioned the S----- word.
Sorry dude...i've been in rugby d*ck head land 4 wayyy too long....where there is a distinction between soccer, football (US, Aus) & rugby... like..WHATEVERRR!!!

Quote:
In fact, viewing pirated copies enable one to decide whether to buy the original or not. If I like the movie, I'd buy the original. If the movie is crappy, I'd save my money for the next movie
My thoughts exactly!!! As I said before...piracy can serve as a marketing tool but i guess lotsa big investors r scared that if ppl dont like the movie after watching on pirated ones...they wont bother spending further, be it on buying DVD or going 2 c it on the big screen.

Whereas its much more easier & faster way in making profits by tricking ppl in2 watching movies at the cinema frm the start through plenty of advertising/merchandising/'critics' commending the movie etc! I mean, how often have u gone 2 c a movie cos u saw the AWESOME trailer (which turns out 2 b the ONLY gd bits of the movie), & was pulled into all the apparent good publications about it...& then...disappointment befalls u. U feel betrayed for spending that much money on it & the investors r running away laughing "nyeah nyeah! foooled u!!!"

If i liked a movie a WHOLE lot..i would buy the DVDs for sure!!! They can be quite pricey in NZ but if u go 4 just the basic ones with just movie & trailer, u can get them from NZ$10 to NZ$20. Then special collector's edition start from NZ$40 to....limitless! I am a proud owner of the Transformer Series DVD set!! The old school one. Heheheeeeee..... And they also have Voltron out now...hmmm....

With regards to renting...i do remember how difficult it is 2 rent in Malaysia...the feww stores that do rent out have such limited and OLD movies...& also yeah...'pirated' ones! Here I can rent new releases at NZ$8 overnight, recent releases at NZ$5 3 days/1 week & my very favourite...10 movies (not new as in within the last 6 months) for 1 week at NZ$8!!!!!! *droooooool* But *sigh*....i want 2 have my own collection...*drooooooool* Oh yeah membership at rentals r free too & they always have specials.

And lately they've started this DVD rental where u pay a monthly subscription..go 2 their website place yr orders & they send the DVDs out 2 u & u can keep them however long u want, no late fees! And when u return them, its free...& then they send u the next lot of movies u ordered.

Maybe someone should start that in Malaysia...? That way it might help curb piracy.

P/S: Rakyat...i'm sure i will want 2 hug Kong 2nite too! And i can't wait 2 c him battle it out with the dinosaur! Yeah baby!

P/P/S: dammnit...i've done another essay!!! *sigh*

[ 18.12.2005, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: the_ethereal_siren ]
Old 18-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Guava

One_World is off the scale
Hi Siren,
I got in touch with those King Kong "extras".

2 of them applied after seeing advertisement in the local paper (The Dominion Post) and the african lady was approached while walking in the city.
She doesn't know which agency the scout was from but she gave me the scout detail. I will PM you the detail.

I have spoken to a few other friends who were extras in LOTR. They applied after seeing advertisement in the local Dominion Post paper.

None of the friends I spoke to got jobs through Agencies except for being extras in local advertisement production.
Old 19-12-2005, 03:22 AM
Not Quite The Lady
Guava

Thanks again OW! Have u seen KK yet?? I went 2 c it last nite & it was reallly goood!!!

Rakyat is soo right about the description of KK...he's my hero!!!!! [img]graemlins/rosesmiley.gif[/img] The big monkey has a lot of heart...he's a bad tempered, mean-ass, strong dude & yet a big softie & cutie!!! I wish I had a giant silverback for a pal!

EVERYONE...try 2 watch it!! Will probably not win as many awards as LOTR, but still very much worth the money!! And definitely not something u'd want 2 c as a pirated version on yr tv screen! PJ really gave a lot more characterisation 4 the big guy....u feel so much 4 him!

Long live King Kong!!! *thump thump chest*
Old 19-12-2005, 09:20 AM
Simple Minded Fellow
Durian - The King

Oldtimer is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

K-F,
An overnight only rental of any movies, including new releases at the major drug stores (chain pharmacy stores) will be $1.99 per movie. Rentals must be returned by 6 pm the following day.
At the chain movie rental outlets, all movies must be returned by the 7th day. New releases are $4.35 each and older movies are at $1.99 and even $.99 each.
New DVD movies normally sell for between $9.99 to $17.99. Special collections tend to be more.
Formerly rented movies are priced to sell from $5.99 to $9.99 each.
OT [img]graemlins/rosesmiley.gif[/img]

[ 19.12.2005, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Oldtimer ]
Old 19-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Strawberry

Rooster is off the scale
Talking

KK is that good huh? Well I will definitely watch it this weekend. Was busy last weekend with "other" things.

From the trailer that I saw, the special effects were really good especially in the scene with T-rex. Looked quite awesome.
Old 19-12-2005, 02:06 PM
The Legend aka Racist Mod
Durian - The King

RawFlesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by the_ethereal_siren:
Aiiiiyaaaaahhh....lemme hap u cuci yr ear lah...mus have banyak tahi inside liao! i hear dis method velly good leh...

[img]graemlins/mgun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mgun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mgun.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/rosesmiley.gif[/img] Can hear me now???? [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] Good..now ABOUT my xmas pressie...
Wat? All i hear now is ringging sound? Hello, hello? Who's phone keeps ringing? Turn it offla!!! Watchin movies also must tok on stupid phone.... If u wan to talk to supid phone, go outside tok all u wantla!!!

WHY so SERIOUS?
Old 19-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Durian - The King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ipohite39:
RF, I'll forgive you since you are new in Ipoh town, Find me a place which rents original DVDs and VCDs and I'll belanja u makan at Indulgence. (Promise) Even if you find one place, I'm sure the DVD or VCD you are renting is a pirated copy anyway. So, the deal is a place which rents original DVDs in Ipoh.

Ok, I missed the screening of Goal which was like only for 2 weeks at TGV and GSC. What are my options? Hey, I want to rent too. Tapi dari mana, deng!!? I didn't support the pirates by buying from them so I borrowed one, albeit a pirated one. In fact, viewing pirated copies enable one to decide whether to buy the original or not. If I like the movie, I'd buy the original. If the movie is crappy, I'd save my money for the next movie. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Wow fantastic!!!!!! Who has loads of money for capital? Can start a rental shop for original VCDs, DVDs, etc........ Niche market with no direct competitors except for pirates, which are worse, cause they use dirty under the belt tactics.....

WHY so SERIOUS?
Old 19-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Durian - The King

About Piracy...... I'm only just doing my good deed(s) of the day.......

I mean, EVERYONE KNOWS who's running these piracy, yet they use other things to justify it's ok to buy pirated b'coz we'll buy originals if they are good. While all this is happening, guess who's laughing their way to the banks and later using their ill gotten gains on human/drug trafficking and other evil deeds......

While the rest of us honest making citizens have to suffer - lost laptop to refresh ur memory(who's gonna buy illegal electrical parts?)......

It's just a bad cycle........ 2 wrongs don't make them right...... There are ways and means of finding out if a movie's really good. Why not use the good ol word of mouth advertisement..... Don't be one of those suckers to watch the premiers just so you can go around braggin to your friends - eh, watched so & so movie already?

Let someone else go, then listen to them for their reviews, preferably someone with the same taste as you....... Like the one of the BEST films according to Siren is a sleeper for Raw.... But then again, other movies we agree on.....

But what i'm saying....... Piracy is bad, don't try to justify it b'coz in the end, it's pirates/gangsters/mobsters/etc which will gain from them. You buy pirated/hot goods, you support them. End of arguement.

WHY so SERIOUS?
Old 19-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Durian - The King

Location: middle of tropics, south of nort pole, north of south pole
K-Fanz is off the scale
yup, those activities must stop. it is us as consumer must play our role
Old 21-12-2005, 05:36 AM
Not Quite The Lady
Guava

RF, Apocalypse Now happens 2 be a classic. Its got the most wickedest opening scene...palm trees swaying...the song "The End" by The Doors begins 2 play instrumentally...u hear helicopters not far away...they enter in2 the shot...napalm released...the entire field of palm trees goes ablaze & Jim MOrrison begins to sing "This is the end, My only friend, the end..."

*dribble dribble dribble*

And the most wickedest ending....a cow being slayed...a REAL cow (nowadays animal activists would've slaughtered Francis Ford himself - the director, who has also done all The Godfathers)...and this juxtaposed with young Martin Sheen hacking Marlon Brando 2 death...whispering "the madness....the madness..."

But...yeah some ppl like RF finds it boring, which is fine, really
BUT
Patience, u must have, young grasshopper. And what needs to understood, understand, u must.