IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Spiritualism > Understanding Islam
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Malay women get latest Kenwood Chef while men get virgins

by Mariam Mokhtar

QUICK TAKE: Where does the Perak state religious department find men like the Perak Mufti and his deputy, Zamri Hashim. Their focus appears to be on the well-being of men, both on earth and in heaven.

If anything goes wrong, it is always the woman's fault. Petty things, irk them, whilst issues like poverty, corruption and injustice, do not bother them.

On March 25, Berita Harian reported that Zamri had urged men to exercise their manly rights, and be firm with their women, especially if they enter beauty contests or venture out in public, improperly dressed.

One would sympathise with Zamri if there were Malay women who dress like Kim Kardashian and stop traffic in town, disrupting classes and causing havoc in the pasar; but that is not the norm in Malaysia.

The nightclubs of KL are frequented by a number of women who are scantily clad, and Zamri will be horrified to find that some are Malay girls from prominent Umno Baruputra elite families.

Zamri's idea of being improperly attired is to go out without a tudung, or jobah.

Zamri claimed that three groups of people would be stopped from entering heaven. They were people who disobeyed their parents, women who look like men, and "dayus" (the unmanly).

He said that a man may look and feel strong, but remained a "dayus", if he failed to protect his women, and allowed them to commit sinful acts.

What is his idea of a sin? Women who do not wear a tudung? What about the man who pilfers RM107 million from the Ministry of Youth and Sports? What about the other elephant in the room, the multi-billion ringgit donation?

How are girls given "protection" when they are forced to wear tudungs?
Isn't Zamri acting lika a "dayus" by failing to directly tell women, that they have sinned? Is he too timid to address women, and that is why he ordered men, to "control" their women?

He claimed that women who work in professions which "don't suit their lady-like personalities are committing sins", and men who failed to stop them working are "dayus".

I have friends and family in the oil and gas industry, in exploration, in aviation and the armed forces, who live on board a ship whilst doing research, who are farmers and mechanics. They are financially independent, and despite not wearing tudungs, are pious Muslims.

Zamri should focus on the sins committed by man. What about the husband who runs off to southern Thailand to marry a teenager, because his first wife has denied him permission to remarry? Didn't the prophet say men can be polygamous, but must take single mothers or widows as their subsequent wives?

What about the man who refuses to pay alimony after his divorce? What about the wife-beater? Or the man who rapes his granddaughter, because his wife is out of the house, and he needs comforting?

Zamri needs a reality check. He is not just sexist, he is also insecure. He needs to address men, and their sinful acts. Not women!

- See more at: http://www.theantdaily.com/Main/Mala....7I35H5yB.dpuf
Sponsored Links