IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > Investment Talk > Investment Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Investment Talk We're now living in a world of challenging global economy where changes take place at a rapid pace. Investment Talk offers concerned Malaysians the opportunity to express their opinion on the performance of our country's economy in various sectors -- market watch, property talk, money market and others like unit trusts, bonds, bonus, dividends etc.

Old 15-02-2012, 11:12 PM
fortune
Durian - The King

fortune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fortune
Default FX trading is haram

KOTA BARU: The National Fatwa Council today ruled that foreign exchange trading (forex trading) is forbidden (haram) for Muslims.

Council chairman Tan Sri Dr Abdul Shukor Husin said forex trading is against Islamic law and creates confusion among Muslims.

"A study by the committee found that such trading involves currency speculation, which contradicts Islamic law.

"For that reason, the National Fatwa Council has decided that it is haram for Muslims to be engaged in such trading," he told reporters after chairing the Council's 98th conference here today.

Abdul Shukor said Muslims should not engage in forex trading as there are many doubts about it and it involves individuals using the internet, with uncertain outcomes.

"Other forms of trading in foreign currencies, such as by money changers or between banks, are permissible, as they do not involve currency speculation or uncertain outcomes," he said.

He said the meeting also ruled that it is permissible for Muslims to invest or save in the Premium Saving Certificate scheme managed by Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN).

He said the decision was reached after the committee was satisfied with the briefing by the Bank Negara syariah panel on the scheme's implementation.

"At first we had doubts about the scheme's implementation, but we were satisfied after the trading system was changed into the Islamic concept of Mudharabah," he said.
Sponsored Links
Old 16-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Durian - The King

forum_admin has disabled reputation
Question

I think smoking should also be banned. It not only affects your own health but also people around you.

Last edited by forum_admin : 16-02-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 16-02-2012, 04:31 PM
We must prevail.....
Durian - The King

Ipohite39 is off the scale

Okay, I think now all the Indian Muslim Moneychangers in town can close shop now if it the fatwa is enforced. No wait, no speculation involved in that? oh, really? How come no Reminbi in town when it's peak season? I can swear my moneychanger buys more Rupiah when it is cheap.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Banana

asiaforexmentor is on a distinguished road

hi, how do you say forex trading is haram?
Sponsored Links