IPOH.com.my Photo Gallery BIZ Net My Classifieds Property Maps Car Mart Hotjobs2u.com

Google
Web ipoh.com.my

Hot JobsMy ClassifiedsBidValley AuctionsIpoh DatingAutomobileIT NewsPerak WatchReal Estate
Go Back   Ipoh Community Forums > IT - Information Technology > Software
User Name
Password
FAQ Googlemap ME Vb Music Members List Calendar vBRadio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Q & A on IT Applications!

Old 25-02-2004, 02:31 PM

echobelly is off the scale
I recently recieved a flyer from a company.

**** Sorry, I understand that you posted this flyer content for no commercial purpose, but the content is commercial-related, so I have to delete it. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Ipoh.com.my forum ****

OK, here's my question. Anyone know about that company? Do you think the market for this kinda business is good in Ipoh? Are people willing to pay to upgrade their information needs for their company? My boss is thinking to have a sales and invoicing control system. Is that good? Please give your suggestions and opinions.

[ 26.02.2004, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: CKH ]
Sponsored Links
Old 25-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Duku Langsat

@ B3nG is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to @ B3nG Send a message via Yahoo to @ B3nG
here at ipoh ahh? got geh.. but u'll need alot of contacts and keep as much as available... i dont think the ipoh bosses will just advertist something like "program/programmer needed" things loh, in ipoh most of the business are introduced by frens or relatives loh... so start looking for wider range of contacts would help you alot in ur IT things...
Old 27-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Watermelon

lalachai is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi there [img]smile.gif[/img]

basically. i think the market in Ipoh is still not large enough, there is simply not enough MNC here to sustain the growth of such company [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, a lot of surveys and research has shown that by careful planning and implementation of an IT system, the cycle time for a business process has been cut down considerably [img]smile.gif[/img]

a good example would be Dell, why Dell manage to sell their computers so cheap , is because.. they are actually doin direct sales( no middle man involved) and this is possible because of their revolutionising Just In Time inventory system. This is a classic example of how IT has help businesses boom.

on the other hand, a few big companies has failed implementing certain IT system. There are alot of factors that contributes to the failures, such as .. fail to plan properly. delay of projects and of course, resistance to change [img]smile.gif[/img] this may depends on the company culture..
so.. all in all, a company that wanna computerise its business process, shuold perform a thorough accessment on its company culture and a few more other factors to determine its neccesity for a change [img]smile.gif[/img]

lala

[ 27.02.2004, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: lalachai ]
Old 29-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Durian - The King

ipohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Quote:
lalachai:

a good example would be Dell, why Dell manage to sell their computers so cheap , is because.. they are actually doin direct sales( no middle man involved) and this is possible because of their revolutionising Just In Time inventory system. This is a classic example of how IT has help businesses boom.
Yes, it is very true that Dell's computers are very cheap by just looking at the selling price. However, consumers have to be extra careful before confirming the order because Dell has different terms & conditions on different promotion package. Some models have 3-month warranty on parts & services only, most of the packages do not include delivery charges (about RM 120.00/set).

Dell's business model has turned herself into the world no. 1 PC manufacturer. But most important, does Dell's business model by cutting off the middlemen really benifit the end-users? I afraid not. First, there is no immediate response on your request for service if you are outstation. The earliest the technician can come is the next business day. Secondly, you will have to sign maintenance contract with them after the warranty period. Otherwise it will cost you a bomb on per call basis. One of my friends bought a Dell notebook PC (about RM 7,000.00) 3 years ago. Dell requested about RM 700.00 plus to continue for another year of service maintenance (excluding parts). Do you all sign maintenance contract with the local computer dealer? How much is their charges on per call basis? Think about it, actually it is not cheap to buy Dell computers. Thirdly, most of the time there is no personal contact when you do business with Dell. Everything is thro' the net or phone call. Unless you have good knowledge in computer, otherwise you will have problem in getting assistant or consultation on other products such as software, games & etc that Dell is not dealing. Fourthly, the purchase will be payment in advance. Unlike the local computer dealers, you pay the full amount only when you receive the goods. Sometimes you even can have some credit or pay by installments if you know them.

Dell's business model is arrogant. It is based on one person takes all philosophy. By cutting off the middlemen, who are going to hire the IT graduates? Nowonder, hundred & thousand of the IT diploma unable to find jobs.

[ 01.03.2004, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: ipohan ]
Sponsored Links