Thread: movie goers?
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Guava

Endorphin is off the scale
I'm not a fan of pro american war flicks either (which is why I thought Pearl Harbour and Black Hawk Down totally sucked). I like you also like pics with something deeper in it rather than all those patriotic bs which is why the ones i like dont normally have the Yanks winning in the end. A few I'd rec: Das Boot, The Killing Fields, Glory, Zulu.

And who can leave out Full Metal Jacket? Fantastic show. Very funny in a sadistic kinda way esp in bootcamp. Quite a few memorable quotes also:

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: God has a hard-on for marines because we kill everything we see!He plays His games, we play ours!God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your a## belongs to the Corps!
-------------------

Door Gunner: They ougtha write a book about me.
Private Joker: Why?
Door Gunner: For being the greatest soldier out there? I done killed me 157 Viet-Cong and 50 water buffalo.
Private Joker: How do you know who to shoot?
Door Gunner: Anyone that runs, is a Viet-Cong. Anyone that stands still, is a well-disciplined Viet-Cong.
Private Joker: Are there any women or children?
Door Gunner: A few.
Private Joker: How can you shoot women and children?
Door Gunner: Easy. You lead them less.
------------------
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Private Joker, why did you join my beloved Corps?
Private Joker: Sir, to kill sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: So you're a killer?
Private Joker: Sir, yes sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Let me see your war face.
Private Joker: Sir?
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: You got a war face? AHHHHHHHH! That's a war face. Now let me see your war face.
Private Joker: Ahh!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bulls##t! You didn't convince me. Let me see your real warface.
Private Joker: Ahhhh!

Lastly, the classic phrase from the Vietnamese call girl: Hey, you got girlfriend Vietnam? Me so h###y. Me love you long time.

Kekekeke totally bril show.