View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Durian - The King

kanden is off the scale

the alternative & more +ve view which i take is based on AB's promise he will do his best to fight corruption & improve.

if he offers hope & gives his word, i'm gonna hold onto his word & use his word to "pressure" him into action. at least there is hope. i c no other better alternative.

coincidentally, this is way to support pple who want to turn over a new leaf eg cigarette smokers / drug addicts who want to quit. we must hold on to the hope & work in all positivity. the moment we give up, all is lost.

as long as i do not c a better alternative, i'll support the lesser of the evils. true, he may be corrupt in some ways. nothing as major as Dr M's admin as yet. truth is, without corruption, the politicians will not have "enough to makan". politics pay poorly, at least officially, in msia.

i believe in AB. however, i do not believe in the rest of the downlines which have been there since time of Dr M.

once cannot uproot corruption overnight, however. msian politics has been corrupted from the onset (yes, since TAR time). that's half century of -ve brain-washing. it will take a generation of cleanliness at least to clean it out.

i do not believe in bashing Dr M cos what's done is done. but i think Dr M is worse than a pot calling a kettle black. which is y i've lost a lot of respect for him.

- from the Dhammapada (Sayings of the Buddha)