Ipoh Community Forums

Ipoh Community Forums (http://forum.ipoh.com.my/index.php)
-   Cats (http://forum.ipoh.com.my/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   For Nur And The Rest As Well (http://forum.ipoh.com.my/showthread.php?t=4199)

Suzy 03-07-2006 01:44 AM

For Nur And The Rest As Well

Breed - Munchkin

ReenaRina 03-07-2006 01:56 AM

Suzy...the kitty looks sooooooooooooooooo cute...is it a mix breed?

aen 03-07-2006 01:57 AM

u must a cat in yr previous life, oh dear suzy....
or catwoman ??? :D

Suzy 03-07-2006 02:06 AM

reena this breed is called Munchkin....even I came to know abt it only a year ago.....notice the short legs...I bet not many have seen it too.
My friends is a Munchkin breeder back here. It comes in either a Domestic long hair or a domestic short hair.....here is a brief introduction to the breed :-

The Munchkin cat is a relatively new created by a random mutation that produced a cat with extremely short legs. Munchkins have short or long coats in a wide variety of colours. Somewhat surprisingly, because of their short stature munchkins are particularly adept at climbing and jumping. They are usually raised as indoor cats, although they are reported to be extremely active, agile and fast runners. Those who have spent time around barns have proven to be extremely good hunters. The mutation only affects the length of the legs.
The breed was begun in 1983 when Sandra Hochenedel found an extremely short-legged black cat living under a trailer in Louisiana. The cat, Blackberry, was pregnant and half of her kittens were born short-legged. One of Blackberry's kittens, a tomcat named Tolouse, became the father of a breeding program and helped establish the breed in North America.

Suzy 03-07-2006 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aen
u must a cat in yr previous life, oh dear suzy....
or catwoman ??? :D

My mum use to say that the cats were my close friends in my previous life...that's why i love them so much.:D

aen, you should check out the up coming cat show at Mid valley this weekend (biggest CFA cat show in Asia).....you can see many breeds there...:)

Yugi 03-07-2006 06:04 AM

Pretty, suzy, Makcik means the cat. Of course, you are pretty too. :)

I like its tail. Is it always that straight up? It looks like the squirrel's tail. One more silly question: is every Munchkins has the exact look of the one you posted? :D Hope you don't mind answer. Thanks. :p

Ming Yue 03-07-2006 06:30 AM

ooooo.....I like this cat very much.... The fur is generally really soft.:)

Nur 03-07-2006 10:02 AM

suzy as catwoman? trying to visualize suzy in catwoman suit :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Suzy 03-07-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yugi

I like its tail. Is it always that straight up? It looks like the squirrel's tail. One more silly question: is every Munchkins has the exact look of the one you posted? Hope you don't mind answer. Thanks.

No the tail is not always straight up. Muchkins don’t have the exact looks in a sense that they come in different colours/markings…etc. But Muchkins means short legs cats (important facts). Notice that Nur's God daughter (Kelly) has similar colour but it’s not a Munchkin…it’s a domestic semi long hair cat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ming Yue
ooooo.....I like this cat very much.... The fur is generally really soft.

Guess you like long fur cats…. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nur
suzy as catwoman? trying to visualize suzy in catwoman suit

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Babyripp 03-07-2006 02:45 PM

my brother, previous owner of Beauty Black, always claims that beauty has short legs... or in his own words, 'beauty tu katek, kelakar tengok dia lari'.. She seems to have shorter legs then her anak and cucu cicit.. lemme see if i can get a picture of her standing