Ipoh Community Forums

Ipoh Community Forums (http://forum.ipoh.com.my/index.php)
-   Travel (http://forum.ipoh.com.my/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Anyone used Data Roaming before? (http://forum.ipoh.com.my/showthread.php?t=26770)

bazaoyu 29-04-2016 05:21 PM

Anyone used Data Roaming before?
 
I'm going travel to Japan alone on next month.
This is the first time I being a bag packer. Haha !
My parents are worried about me because I'm alone at other country.
So I did some research about data roaming. Anyone used this before?

alorvera77 30-04-2016 10:33 AM

Which telco you are using?
Normally I will ask for the telco's package and active it before my flight.

yippiewong 30-04-2016 10:40 AM

Why use data roaming? I rather to buy a new phone number at the country.
Cheaper than data roaming !

BBphire 30-04-2016 11:27 AM

I prefer to use data roaming. Quite important eh.
Due last time my cousin's credit card was stolen and swiped by other people at other countries. Luckily the bank called her only realize that her card was lost and ask bank to lock the card.

bazaoyu 02-05-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alorvera77
Which telco you are using?
Normally I will ask for the telco's package and active it before my flight.


I'm using Celcom. But never used of data roaming before.
Do you have any idea?

bazaoyu 02-05-2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yippiewong
Why use data roaming? I rather to buy a new phone number at the country.
Cheaper than data roaming !

I knew this. But buying a new number is quite inconvenience. Later my colleagues couldnt find me if in any emergency condition.

bazaoyu 02-05-2016 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBphire
I prefer to use data roaming. Quite important eh.
Due last time my cousin's credit card was stolen and swiped by other people at other countries. Luckily the bank called her only realize that her card was lost and ask bank to lock the card.


Ya.Agree with you. I heard similar case before. So consider to use data roaming at the time. But i have no idea how to register it.

alorvera77 05-05-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazaoyu
I'm using Celcom. But never used of data roaming before.
Do you have any idea?


If you focus on calling only. Maybe you can take this plan.

https://www.celcom.com.my/personal/p...=1360826523383

bazaoyu 05-05-2016 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alorvera77
If you focus on calling only. Maybe you can take this plan.

https://www.celcom.com.my/personal/p...=1360826523383


What is this plan about? Can you explain it to me?

montyashley 05-05-2016 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alorvera77
If you focus on calling only. Maybe you can take this plan.

https://www.celcom.com.my/personal/p...=1360826523383


If focus in data? Any preferable plan?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Ipoh-Online Sdn. Bhd. (411730-W) 2006