Ipoh Community Forums

Ipoh Community Forums (http://forum.ipoh.com.my/index.php)
-   Malay or Muslim Cuisine (http://forum.ipoh.com.my/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Satay endut (http://forum.ipoh.com.my/showthread.php?t=4570)

AwekIpoh 15-08-2006 11:16 PM

Satay endut

Hi Makanland,

Do you guys and girls agreed that Satay Endut is the best satay in Ipoh?

If not agree, please suggest and give information of which satay is also good besides satay endut.

Enjoy your makan treat in Ipoh

ultra 16-08-2006 04:02 AM

Umm... where do i find this satay endut thingy?

Babyripp 16-08-2006 09:33 AM

it was just last week that i roamed the town looking for satay and finally ended up opposite wooley for some of the satay endut. It was nice.. better than expected. but the peanut sauce is a bit to thin..

I was told that the best satay with very thick peanut sauce can be found in ipoh garden south in one of the chinese restaurant facing the houses next to the frozen food. I've yet to try but this fren who told me this (boleh percaya punya.. hehe). The satay stall run by a malay guy now starting to venture into nasi lemak too which was said to glisten. (from what I know, glistening nasi lemak is one way you can tell that the ingredients used are optimum)... hmm.. maybe I'll go and have satay tonight...

Gemukkk 16-08-2006 11:07 AM

i use to buy satay from a malay stall on the top floor in silveritage.. even the kuah is good.. during raya or special functions, we even ordered and collect from his house somewhere in rapat jaya..

i'd like to go try the nasi lemak pulak...

AwekIpoh 16-08-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultra
Umm... where do i find this satay endut thingy?

Hi Ultra,

Babyrip already told you where you can try the satay endut, but I also knew that pasar malam in Taman Ipoh Jaya also sell, just look for Satay endut on their display.

AwekIpoh 16-08-2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babyripp
it was just last week that i roamed the town looking for satay and finally ended up opposite wooley for some of the satay endut. It was nice.. better than expected. but the peanut sauce is a bit to thin..

I was told that the best satay with very thick peanut sauce can be found in ipoh garden south in one of the chinese restaurant facing the houses next to the frozen food. I've yet to try but this fren who told me this (boleh percaya punya.. hehe). The satay stall run by a malay guy now starting to venture into nasi lemak too which was said to glisten. (from what I know, glistening nasi lemak is one way you can tell that the ingredients used are optimum)... hmm.. maybe I'll go and have satay tonight...

Geee.......many thanks for your tips.......and do not forget to let us know your verdict after you try the other thick kacang sauce satay plus the authentic nasi lemak. Where is the stall precisely, thank you.

Also thanks Gemukk for posting here.

As for Ultra, happy trying and tasting. Do let us know your verdict too.

ultra 16-08-2006 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwekIpoh
Hi Ultra,
Babyrip already told you where you can try the satay endut, but I also knew that pasar malam in Taman Ipoh Jaya also sell, just look for Satay endut on their display.

Oh, thats satay endut opposite Wooley. I tasted it the first time few years ago. i remember it has a funny price back then, not round up figure. well, I would admit it was the best satay i ever has in ipoh :yummy:
few month back, i went there again for the yummy satay, well, somehow felt a bit disapointed already. it doesn't taste the same anymore. Not as good as I tried it initially. I thought it change taukeh already, not sure though.

aen 17-08-2006 12:25 AM

the original satay endut stall is in that chidren's playground food court where the clock tower is located.

HOPI girl 17-08-2006 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aen
the original satay endut stall is in that chidren's playground food court where the clock tower is located.

The place also known TKK (Taman Kanak Kanak) by the local Malays, just right next to Kamdar. Last time it used to be a playground before they converted it into a food court.

Chinerama 17-08-2006 05:11 AM

There is also a pretty good satay at Silveritage. Not on the top floor but it's located along the road leading to the bus station. It's located beside a kueh teow goreng stall. The kuey teow goreng is to die for as well soI nhormally go there for satay and that noodle. The noodle guy is super friendly too.